Here are some news stories from this week that I think the mainstream media completely missed out on. All links are from legitimate news sources and not the fringe / wacko sites.
* Here’s something no mainstream media will report : it has now scientifically been proven that watching TV will shorten your lifespan! Seriously. Now turn off the “idiot box” and go outside already. [LATIMES.COM]
* The police WILL now arrest you in Boston for video recording them as they are arresting someone! It’s called “Illegal Video Surveillance”, citizen! Do jackboots compensate for something? [BOSTON.COM]
* 104 year old human tank, who could lift 475 lbs with his teeth, bench 635 pounds and pull 3,200 lbs, never ate meat, alcohol or had cigarettes and walked five miles every morning was killed by his archenemy – stupid people. A mini van ran him over. [NYTIMES.COM]
* The TSA is a lying pack of perverts. “The Transportation Security Administration has promised not to store or transmit nude images of airline passengers made by whole-body scanners, but when it asked manufacturers to submit bids for such machines, it required that the scanners have exactly those capabilities, according to agency documents obtained in a lawsuit.” Does the TSA now stand for Turd Sucking Asshats? [NYTIMES.COM]
* California may delay paying some bills in March because they’re low on cash. But they’re good for it! Really! Just spot them this one hit, man! [BLOOMBERG.COM]
* Have you noticed ammunition prices are a still high? I’ve noticed my ammunition of choice is now around $2 – $3 a round! An article on ammoland breaks it down… in the United States last year, gun owners bought over “14 Million Plus Guns In 2009 – More Than 21 of the Worlds Standing Armies Combined.” Now if you figure the “14,033,824” people each bought 100 rounds of ammunition for their new firearm? That’s 14,033,824,000 rounds of ammunition sold! Supply and demand 101. [AMMOLAND.COM]
* And speaking of ammo, monks are now packing heat! The monks have realized something I always knew. Any .45 > kung fu. However .45 + kung fu = blockbuster movie. Or it could just be a great defense against thugs who like to pick on monks. Now if only the local Amish would pick this up… [RELIGIONDISPATCHES.ORG]
** Posted on Sunday because of a severe “PEBKAC” error.