OK, this has officially passed ridiculous and is well on its’ way to stupidville. Another set of meds has been recalled by McNeil Consumer Healthcare due to stinky packaging. Specifically, “a musty or moldy odor. The uncharacteristic odor is thought to be caused by the presence of trace amounts of a chemical called 2,4,6-tribromoanisole.”
2,4,6-tribromoanisole? Seriously? That’s the chemical’s name? They went with something that sounds like “2,4,6,8 who do we appreciate? Tribromoanisole! Tribromoanisole! Yayyyyyyy!”
Anyhow, according to Wikipedia, 2,4,6-tribromoanisole is “used as a fungicide” and is also “is one of the chemicals responsible for cork taint.”
A third cousin twice-removed of pesticides that’s also good for funkifying wine? All over the med bottles? Lovely.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare and the FDA say stay away from Tylenol® 8 Hour Caplet 50 count, Lot # BCM155 with UPC code 3 0045-0297-51 8 for the time being. If you have one of these bottles, the FDA says to “contact McNeil Consumer Healthcare, either at www.tylenol.com, or by calling 1-888-222-6036.”
Here’s the official FDA press release about this mess.
I found a small hiccup in iTunes 10 when it comes to syncing and removing apps. Here’s how it’s triggered…
- Buy any app through your iPhone that is not in your library (free ones count)
- Connect your iPhone to your mac
- In iTunes, go to the iPhone and choose the APPS tab (“Sync apps” and “automatically sync new apps” should be checked)
- Choose a few apps that are currently on your iPhone to be removed from the APPS list (the program you just purchased on your iPhone will not show up in the APPS list yet)
- Press the APPLY button in the lower right corner
- The apps you selected to be removed from your iPhone will be removed, but then iTunes will add the new app you just purchased on the iPhone to your local library and then it will RE-LOAD the apps you had previously selected for removal. (It’s like you never selected anything for removal at all.)
Shouldn’t the “removal of apps” process come after the “copy new apps to the local library” process?
I posted this on the Apple forum and will update if I hear anything.