Every Monday I like to post some music to start the week off on the right foot.
B.o.B – Magic ft. Rivers Cuomo
Republica – Ready To Go
Far East Movement – Like A G6
and finally, Ana Torroja – Sonrisa
Here are some news stories from this week that I think the mainstream media completely missed out on. All links are from legitimate news sources and not the fringe / wacko sites.
This week : A “twitterified” version!!
* An 18 month old girl falls off a third floor balcony, bounced off a cafe awning and into the arms of a passing doctor. Paris. Of course. [BBC.CO.UK]
* Researchers have figured out how to erase memories. Soon we can happily repeat our crap decisions over and over. [HOPKINS MEDICINE.COM]
* Rich people have their own exclusive pawnshops? OK, the economy really is bad. [NEWSWEEK]
* BIMBO to buy Sara Lee? Yay! Sugar on everything!! [FOOD BUSINESS NEWS]
* A 1099 will soon be required for EVERY BUSINESS PURCHASE over $600. Phooey! [HOTAIR]
* Waterboarding isn’t torture if the US governemnt does it, but it is “domestic assault, false imprisonment, and making terrorist threats” if an individual does it! Good to know! [SMOKING GUN] and [INDY POSTED]
* Dick Cheney apparently caused 70 CIA informants to get killed when he outed Valerie Plame. (Or become “living challenged” as the Dickster might refer to ’em.) [SUN TIMES / ROGER EBERT]
* Obama is still allowing torture. That is all. [YAHOO]
* Enjoy the Big Macs and McRibs while you can. McDonalds is gonna’ raise their prices. [UPI]
* Is it cheaper to keep employees off the new Obamacare insurance and pay the fine? YEP! Three guesses what’s gonna’ happen when it becomes law. [YAHOO]
* BP dispersants are making people living in the area very very very sick. But the fish are good to eat! Honest! [AL JAZEERA]
* Another scientific discovery says if you sit at your desk too much, you’re gonna’ die. No news on the effects of headstands, squatting, or hovering bosses. [MSNBC]
* Newspapers are done in 7 years? No way! Sending a glare over an iPad isn’t the same as sending a glare over a newspaper! [NEOWIN]
* A major Chineese minister says dollar printing is out of control. [REUTERS] With a (actually funny) related SNL video…
That’s all I got. Back Monday!
** Actually posted late Sunday because my lungs are still having a coughapalooza fiesta. Not fun.