The FDA just announced it’s time for more meds to get pulled off the shelf! Specifically, “TYLENOL® 8 Hour, TYLENOL® Arthritis Pain, and TYLENOL® upper respiratory products, and certain lots of BENADRYL®, SUDAFED PE®, and SINUTAB® products.”
The problem isn’t stinky packaging this time, but an actual problem with “equipment cleaning procedures” at the factories where they were put together. Nobody is saying what got dirty, and the FDA release says “it is very unlikely that this [cleaning procedures] impacted the quality of these products”, but you know it’s gotta be something “Call the attorneys!” nasty since everything is getting pulled.
Also some “ROLAIDS® Multi-Symptom Berry Tablets” are getting pulled because somebody forgot to type “Does not meet USP” on the labels. That’s somebody’s job right there.
Here’s the highly official FDA release on this mess.
Every Tuesday I re-post all zee tweets that didn’t originate from this blog just to keep everything in sync.
This week on Twitter…
- Britney’s new song sounds like a bad pickup line. Is the power ballad “Somebody better call God, cuz he’s missing an angel” next? (about 8 AM Jan 18th via Twitter for iPhone)
- The city I live in announced they are picking up trash and recycling bins in the same truck this week! Isn’t technology… hey, waitaminute. (8:10 AM Jan 17th via Twitter for iPhone)
- Little known Texas law: Children must have at least three birthdays at Peter Piper Pizza before they can drive. http://yfrog.com/h4aatupj (1:05 PM Jan 15th via Twitter for iPhone)
Peter Piper Birthday!
- Diet Zen: Don’t confuse the serious with the important. (8:28 AM Jan 14th via Twitter for iPhone)
- Drunken rambling or 80s song: “I feel so good if I just say the word/ Sussudio I just say the word/ Oh Sussudio I just say the word”: 80s! (7:27 AM Jan 13th via Twitter for iPhone)
- When somebody tells you to take a deep breath, they’re really saying you need a hit of glucose by self-tweaking your carbon/oxygen balance. (6:11 AM Jan 12th via Twitter for iPhone)
- When somebody says they’re related to a famous person within 30 minutes of meeting you, that’s their secret way of asking you to punch them. (10:24 PM Jan 11th via Twitter for iPhone)
- @wilw No, I won’t unfollow @wikileaks. I won’t be intimidated by the government when I’ve done nothing wrong, and neither should you. (3:33 PM Jan 11th via web Retweeted by RoyceEddington and 100+ others)
This was interesting. Installing a Xerox print driver on a new Mac Pro desktop with two active network connections caused a “installer quit unexpectedly” error at the very end of the install process.
The driver used was WC7755_UBPD_2.7.0_518.DMG which opened to Xerox Print Drivers 2.7.0.
The Xerox would install all the way to the “install complete” window, but as soon as the “install xerox printer” window appeared where you could select the printer on the network, the installer would shut down with a “installer quit unexpectedly” error.
The solution was to unplug one of the two network cables on the back of the mac. The installer worked perfectly when only one NIC/IP address was active.
Xerox tech support had nooooooo idea this was happening BTW.