If you ever get the nightmare error that is “Virtual device driver failed DLL initialization” on a windows app, there’s a surprisingly easy fix for it.
- Start the registry editor
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\VIRTUALDEVICEDRIVERS\VDD
- Highlight that value. Then go to EDIT and choose DELETE.
DONE!! No multi-hour troubleshooting-everything-else-and-the-kitchen-sink-to-fix-it kind of thing!
Every Tuesday I re-post all zee tweets that didn’t originate from this blog just to keep everything in sync.
This week on Twitter…
- Life’s great mysteries #497: Why do people say “watch your head” to someone after they’ve already konked their skull? (8 Mar)
Awwwww yeaaaaahhhhh! Dinnah time!
- Dreamt a man in a suit was screaming “Do not toil in obscurity! Obscure in totality!” I threw a pie in his face. Not sure if that was Zen. (7 Mar)
- Charlie Sheen says he will cut people’s “throats, and their children’s”? Funny and confident just crossed into psycho. http://goo.gl/RLcjl (7 Mar)
- Bag of peanuts has a warning the bag and contents were produced in a facility that processes nuts. NO WAY DUDE!! yfrog.com/h0izyibj (6 Mar)
- When both the cats and the dogs stop to stare, I know it’s time to quit what I’m doing because I’m about to get seriously hurt. (6 Mar)
- Dreamt a horror d-grade movie idea: “Follow Me”. Tweets written by ghosts make you go insane if read. I’ve seen worse. Call me Hollywood. (6 Mar)
- Last of circusness. Sawdust + fresh cotton candy + acrobats + big animals = old school bliss. yfrog.com/gz8l2taj (5 Mar)
- Some people wear perfume like mashed potatoes wear gravy. (5 Mar)
- Diet zen : the only thing worse than wasting your time is wasting your heart. (5 Mar)
- I’ve figured out the @charIiesheen craze. The man is happy AND confident. You can argue everything else, but H&C is rare nowadays. (5 Mar)
- Defense sec. Gates: “A no-fly zone begins with an attack on Libya.” And I’m sure we will be welcomed with flowers, too. http://bit.ly/gWagLy (2 Mar)
- @nytimes Did P.S. 22 Singers Ruin the Oscars? http://nyti.ms/h2MRHP : Yes! They reminded everyone there’s a pesky “reality” thing going on. (1 Mar)
Forgive me ChickFilA