If you update your touchscreen-enabled PCs running Windows 7 automatically, you’re in for a really bad day today.
Windows released an update that completely screws up touchscreen PCs. When you click on a user to login, you will see a black flash on screen, then get kicked back to the login screen in an infinite loop. There’s no way in.
Here’s the fix…
- Click the red icon in the lower right and choose REBOOT
- When the PC starts up and before the WINDOWS logo appears, press F8 repeatedly
- In the black screen that appears, choose REPAIR WINDOWS
- Eventually a list of choices will appear. Choose RESTORE MY PC TO AN EARLIER TIME
- In the next window that appears, click the SHOW MORE RESTORE OPTIONS at the bottom
- Choose a restore at least a week prior and click NEXT
- WAIT while Windows restores your system
- When it completes, regardless of what it says, choose REBOOT
After an agonizingly long wait, your PC will boot back to normal.
Nice one Microsoft. Nobody in Redmond have a damn touchscreen to beta these on?