Here are some news stories from this week that I think the mainstream media completely missed out on. All links are from legitimate news sources and not the fringe / wacko sites.
* Ford, the only ones not to take a government handout, posts a $2.7 Billion 2009 Profit. Good going guys! [BLOOMBERG]
* Tony Blair is facing a serious inquiry into the Iraq war over in England. While he was busy getting grilled, he said “he would do the same again – and warned world leaders they may soon have to take similar decisions over Iran… Saddam had been a ‘monster’ and it had been right to remove him even to prevent the ‘possibility’ that he could acquire weapons of mass destruction. He warned that Iran’s nuclear weapons program now poses an even greater threat.” Danke, Kommandant. Haben Sie einen angenehmen Tag. Nächster! [DAILYMAIL]
* Global Warming really shifted weather patterns 56,000 years ago. Wait… global warming happened 56,000 years ago too? [DISCOVERY]
* Obama cut the NASA budget. No Constellation program, and no Ares I or V rockets. “We certainly don’t need to go back to the moon,” one administration official said. Sad. [LA TIMES]
* The EFF set up a website to show how easy it is for someone to find out your surfing habits. Visit their website and they’ll tell you a lot about your web browsing habits for free. [EFF]
* The movie studio Miramax is done this weekend. My Left Foot, Reservoir Dogs, The Piano, Pulp Fiction, Sex, Lies and Videotape, Clerks, The English Patient, Shakespeare in Love, The Crying Game, The Talented Mr. Ripley, Chicago, Kill Bill I, Kill Bill II, The Ciderhouse Rules, Good Will Hunting and Swingers apparently weren’t good enough for Hollywood. [THE WRAP]
* Speaking of movies, here’s a good movie idea – the second and third place superpowers in the world secretly combine forces to pump up certain bonds and then cause the sudden drop of their value to force the number one superpower to spend a fortune just to stabilize its’ infrastructure. Wait… it really happened? [BLOOMBERG]
* Bans on cellphone use while driving…. do nothing to stop accidents! I wouldn’t plan on the bozos who came up with this stupid law to give up their city’s lucrative moneymaking machine without a lawsuit though. [NYTIMES]
* John “Scumbag” Edwards just officially dumped his wife who is suffering with incurable breast cancer because he finally admitted he fathered a child with his employee / mistress. He was lying about everything this whole time to make “Mrs Edwards’s dying days a bit easier.” And this idiot thought he could be president with such rotten morals? With real grade-a despicable character like this, can you imagine what he would have done in the white house? And why isn’t this all over the US media? The news in England is carrying this front and center! [DAILYMAIL]
* And now for something fun to close out…. Three wild cheetahs catch a tiny antelope… and then play with him! And then let him go! Somebody wasn’t reading the right playbook. [DAILYMAIL]
** This entry was actually posted late Sunday because of a really fun birthday party Saturday.