Back when I was 18, most of the celebrities I liked were a good 5-10 years older than I was.
Now that I’m slightly older here in 2015, a good portion of these same celebrities from before are now 3-5 years younger than I am!
Either (A) I’m traveling through time faster than everyone else, or (B) there’s a still a prevalent, ignorant prejudice in our society about the honor and grace of aging naturally.
Aging is a tremendous blessing when you consider the sole alternative! With aging, you gain…
- Tremendous wisdom you can pass on to others who don’t want to hear it
- Experience that warns you not to do something, but you do it anyway because this time it might finally be different
- An uncanny mastery of specialized trivia
- A lot of stuff for garage sales
- The ability to fix things most people think is broken forever
- A retrospective that sometimes requires a slight intoxication to re-process
- Uh…. well… other stuff I can’t think of right now.
So, yeah, aging is wonderful. It’s cool! It’s hip! It’s happening! (literally)
Buuuut I’m at that age where there’s no way in hell I’m going to tell you my age. Catch-22. Now get off my lawn.