There’s an interesting website called Population.io that gives you a quick overview of the significance of your birthday.
Most sites give you the plain old “you gonna die” shtick, but this site talks about what countries share your birthday, what number of person you are on the planet, how many people are older and younger than you right now, the next big milestones in your life numerically, and lets you drill down into each subsection for a little more data. The site’s finale is a brutally hardcore version of the “you gonna die” shtick with graphs and overlapping line charts.
Some quick stats on yours truly…
- I’m the 5,269,918,218th person alive on the planet. Suck it 5,269,918,219!
- China has 67,102 people that share my birthday
- India has 41,328 people that share my birthday.
- Just China and India take up 50% of the countries that share my particular birthday – my birthdate is moderately rare in the US!
- The exact day of my predicted expiration is… well, that can’t be right, so I’m not going to post it. Obvious computer glitch.
Check it out. It’s a quick distraction with a hint of “memento mori, foo” here and there.